Berly's Blog

Friday, April 15, 2005

Interview questions and T.G.I.F.

Here are the answers to my interview questions from Brooke!

1. As the leader of the knitting group, what has been your biggest challenge? Is the group what you imagined it would be?

The biggest challenge of leading the knitting group is trying to keep it fun. There have been instances where I feel that someone comes into the group that wants to make the group more serious or wanted to promote their own thing which in turn made me uncomfortable along with the other members. I always remind myself that this is a fun thing, not a job!

The group is actually better than I imagined. When I was organizing the group I didn't think there would be so many knitters. I also didn't think there would be such a demand for meetings. It has really been a treat to be part of the group and meeting so many great knitters. I have met so many neat people and new friends!

2. What do you miss most about Jonny when he’s gone for a month? (Besides the obvious answer, please.) Is there anything that has surprised you so far about being on your own?

What I miss most about Jonny is our pillow talk. It seems like this is the only time we have to catch up with each other.

There is nothing I miss about Jonny that has surprised me. I miss the obvious, waking up next to him, calling him at work, having him pick up things at the grocery store on his way home from work, running out and leaving the kidos with him, going to knitting solo, etc.

3. How has being adopted positively impacted you as a person? What is your view about all these kids being adopted from orphanages in other countries?

I have mixed emotions about children being adopted from orphanages. I think it is great for children to get into a family environment. I am however concerned that people are taking these children out of their natural environment into a totally different culture. I think it is extremely important to make sure that the adopted child has a good mix of the culture they were born into and their new American culture. I also hope that the families that are adopted these children are being set up for success with the International adoption agencies. I know when my parents adopted me they were basically flying blind raising an adopted child, I hope that these agencies provide education for the adoptive parents.

4. What does being popular mean to you? Is it having a lot of friends? Is it making sure everyone likes you? Does this desire color the way you see others?

Being popular to me means that people think that I am approachable, friendly and well liked. It does mean that I have a lot of friends because I feel that I am friendly and approachable. It doesn't necessarily mean that everyone likes me because I do not like everyone, but it does mean that most people I met do like me. I don't think it affects the way I see others.

5. If you could change one thing you have done so far in being a mother, what would it be? What do you think is your greatest success as a mother?

There are many little things that I would change about being a mother, but the one I would really like to change is that I wish I could be constantly patient with Gemma in her toddler years. I find that when my patience dwindles away that I tend to yell at her more. I am very ashed to admit it, but it is the truth and by admitting it maybe it will help me become more patient.

I think one of my greatest successes as a mother would have to be the way that I have chose to socialize my daughter. From day 1 we have always had Gemma and Angus around people and I feel that it has shaped their personalities. Anyone that has met Gemma can vouch for that. She is a little social butterfly and really good with people and children of all ages.

We had a pretty fun day today. Gemma had school this morning and after school her friend Livie and her Mom Mindy took Gemma to Desert Breeze to play on the splash pad and go for a train ride. She had a great time and Angus and I had some great baby/mommy time.

This evening we headed into Phoenix for dinner with Brooke, Joe, and Jack at Tucchetti. I have to say that Brooke's family is extremely generous. I just had said to Brooke that I was sorting through my kids clothing to give my sister clothes for her baby. She shows up tonight with 4 bags of Jack's clothes plus 5 outfits from her Mom Sandee! They rock! Thank you Streech/Adams family! My sister will be very appreciative!

After dinner we headed to the Camelback vs. Phoenix rugby match and met up with Eva, Pam and Melanie. Camelback won the game and claimed 3rd place in the league again this year. Way to go guys! On the way home from rugby, Jonny called us and he just arrived in Shanghai. There are anti-Japanese demonstrations going on in Shanghai right now and their shuttle from the airport got caught in the middle of it and they had to get out and walk to their hotel. More news and hopefully pictures of Jonny in China tomorrow!

And the list goes on...
31. My husband Jonny is from Limavady, Northern Ireland.
32. Jonny is the only man that I have ever loved, and still love.
33. We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on May 6th, 2005.
34. I have been to Northern Ireland 9 times.
35. I love to travel.
36. I have been to Northern Ireland, Ireland, England, Scotland, France, Indonesia (Bali), Australia, Mexico, and Canada.
37. My favorite place that I have traveled is Brisbane, Australia.
38. I love Coke, but limit myself to week-end drinking.
39. I love food! I am not a picky eater and love to try new things and places to eat.
40. Indian food is my favorite food, followed by Japanese (sushi) and Thai food.

1 Comments:

  • Great answers Kim!

    By the way, you are the most patient toddler-mom I've ever seen. I don't think it's an easy job, and a certain amount of dicipline is necessary. She is a wonderful girl and you've done a great job with her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home