Berly's Blog

Monday, April 11, 2005

Week 1, day 4

angus_angus_1

Angus and Gemma ready for bed!

We are going on our fourth day without Daddy and I have to say that although we miss him terribly, it has not been as bad as I would have thought. I am a firm believer in thinking the worst that way when the life event happens it is not nearly as bad as anticipated. Jonny is definitely the clean one in our family, but for some reason the house has not been as messy, there isn't as much laundry to do, and I am able to get things done like feeding the dogs, dishes and general picking up (even the dog poo!). Jonny would be impressed by my multi-tasking skills.

I have decided to change the tune of my blog and not feel so sorry for myself anymore. I am hoping Jonny is having a great time and getting much needed rest while he is away which gives me a chance to improve my mothering skills. How's that for positive?

I was thinking tonight there were a few things I wanted to add to my entry tonight. My friend Maura, Pam, and Nancy started a book club a few years ago. Maura moved away and Nancy left our book club, but Pam and I are still hanging in there. Unfortunately I missed the last book club due to illness, but I heard I missed tons of fun! I also really wanted to review the book as I actually read it and really loved it! We read the book "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory. It was historical fiction about Mary Boleyn, Anne Boleyn's sister. At first I thought it would be very boring, but I have to say it was a great ready and much to my surprise it was dirty! I really don't like romance novels, but give me a great historical fiction book with lots of sex and you've got a winner with me! Anyway, I am hosting the next book and I selected the book from the recommendation of Pam from knitting, "The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I order the book off half.com and it should be coming soon. I am currently reading "The Curious incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" by Mark Haddon which is a pretty good book and a quick read. My review after I finish the last 50 pages tonight...

I also have been able to see a few movies. We tried out Blockbuster.com and I am a little disappointed because it take an extra day to get your movies unlike Netflix.com . Plus it seems like it is fairly hard to get new releases. The good thing about Blockbuster is they give you free rentals at their store per month. Anyway I just finished seeing the movie "Ray" during naptime today and it was a fabulous movie! I was so impressed! I had heard that it wasn't that great, but I have to disagree. It was a great overview of Ray Charles Robinson's life. I never realized he was such a womanizer and druggie! Dad, if you are reading you would really, really like this movie!

This morning we took Angus to his 4 month appointment. He weighed in at 17lbs and 25 inches. He is a healthy little boy! He also had 3 injections, which he wasn't happy about. After that we headed to downtown Chandler for Gemma's Spanish Class. My neighbor Ann called and wanted to trade babysitting and I quickly agreed. I am all about trading babysitting!

ann_gemma_anus_1

Ann with the kids.

nelsons_1

Gemma, Nicholas, Ann, Angus, Holly, and Pete.

Her kids Nicholas and Holly came over to play for a few hours while they went home appliance shopping and had dinner. Gemma had a great time with her playmates!


Tomorrow night Gemma is going over to the Nicholas and Holly's house for a playdate while Mommy goes to knitting. Brooke, Jack, Angus and I are going to Wildflower for dinner before knitting if anyone would like to join us. We are planning on being there around 5:30 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home