Berly's Blog

Friday, April 08, 2005

Lights, Camera, Action..."Wiggles!"

Jonny left this morning for Asia. It has been a bittersweet day. I really miss him. He is my rock and he is such a great dad. I know Gemma desperately misses him. She was asking him to buy her a princess night gown when he was in Asia, but I think she thought he was going to be home sometime tonight to give it to her. I put her to bed and she told me she wanted Daddy to kiss her goodnight when he gets here. It is so hard for kids to understand that when a person goes away the length of time it will be until they see each other again. I know when my dad left after his last visit she cried all the way home saying she missed papa Steve. She also cried when nanny Caroline, papa Sidney, and Rebekah left to go back to the UK. I just hope to keep her busy and make the time go fast for all of us.

Tonight I took the kids to see The Wiggles at Dodge Theater. We originally met Jeff, Murray, and Captain Feathersword while we were in Brisbane, Australia a couple years ago during Jonny's sabbatical. I took Gemma to see them last year when she was 2, but she enjoyed it much more this time. She danced and sang the entire show. They are really great entertainers and they put on a fabulous show! Thanks Wiggles for making today a little more bareable.

As for Daddy, we miss you terrible and look forward to your call in the morning when you arrive in Chengdu. 1 day down, 23 more to go!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home