Berly's Blog

Monday, March 21, 2005

Fair Dinkum

We had a very busy week-end with Jonny's cousin, Greg visiting us from Melbourne, Australia. Greg and his wife Fiona have a wine tour company called Epicurean food and wine tours. We were fortunate to go on one of their tours two years ago when we were in Australia. Greg was over on a business trip to attend a trade show in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

Saturday we picked Greg up from the airport and took him to lunch on Cyclo. Greg had a customer that just happened to be the General Manager for the San Diego Padres, so Jonny and Greg headed up to the Padres spring training game to meet Kevin Towers. After they returned from the game Aunt Nancy came over to watch the kids and we took Greg out for a night on the town. We ate dinner at Barrio Cafe and then hit Cheuvront Wine Bar for dessert and wine. I highly recommend the dessert wine by the glass at Cheuvront's called Lillypilly. It is from Australia and it is scrummy!

Kevin Towers reserved tickets to the Padres vs. Cubs game on Sunday and we were off to Peoria. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time at the ball game. After the game we headed down to Red Kangaroo Wines for Greg to meet with Roger, the owner of the wine shop. We had dinner at home and Jonny made his famous rotiserrie chicken. Greg treated us with wine from Red Kangaroo. We had a great bottle of Merlot with dinner and my favorite dessert wine, Noble One from DeBortili (the place we went to for wine tasting when we were in Australia). Monday morning we took Greg to Scottsdale Fashion Square to meet his friend who was going to take him to the airport. We had a lovely visit with Greg and hope that he comes back again soon! Hopefully with Fiona and Ethan!

By the way, I have used all of my pictures space for the month on Flickr. I am so mad! I can't believe I cannot post my pictures again until April 1st! Bummer!

3 Comments:

  • I wonder if your pictures are too big? I haven't run out of space yet and I know I post more pictures than you do. But I always shrink them down before uploading.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

  • I love Barrio Cafe! Yum!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

  • So, erm, uh... tell me more about Theresa's brother!

    By Blogger PJS, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home