Berly's Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mrs. Social Butterfly

Call me a sucker for social events and clubs. My neighbor invited me to come to her card club. Who am I to turn down a chance to meet new people and socialize? There was about 12 or so women playing the game Ueker. I picked up the game pretty quickly because it is very much like my favorite card game 10 point pitch, a very popular Nebraska card game. I had a great time playing cards, but thing that was most amazing is that I met a woman named Molly from Minnesota. Now you may not know this, but I lived in Minneapolis for 4 1/2 years before moving to Arizona (I have been here just over 9 years.). When living in Mpls I was totally into the music scene. I went to see a band on the average of once a week. Molly and I must have been at the same place at the same time because we had seen all of the same bands and had the same favorite bands. I used to hang out at First Avenue, the home of the movie "Purple Rain", the Fine Line Music Cafe, and the Cabooze. Her favorite band is Big Head Todd and the Monsters, which is also my most favorite band. It was so great to reminisce about the great times seeing bands such as Mango Jam, the Honeydogs, Big Backyard, Soul Asylum, Prince, Sonia Dada, etc. I am also very excited to say that Big Head Todd will be playing at the McDowell Mountain Ranch Music Festival on the 30th of April, whoopee!!!

On the knitting front, not much completed today. I worked a couple rounds of my sock. I really need to get started on the Mariposa shawl for SWTC, but I noticed Brooke may want to trade me test knitting projects. I guess she hasn't see the pattern for Mariposa!

Don't forget, Saturday is knitting and rugby. Bring your knitting and lawn chairs! Jonny's team plays at 1 pm on Saturday at Cieleto Park at 35th Avenue and Campbell. Please come if you can make it. Right now I think Pam, Jen, and Melanie are in! It should be a good day out!




1 Comments:

  • I love Big Head Todd and the Monsters!

    As for the shawl, I did see the pattern. I'm just bored with kids sweaters so I want something different. And the little girl sweater I am supposed to do is pretty cute.

    Sorry we're going to miss rugby and knitting - hopefully we can make it next time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home