Berly's Blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Mommy girls don't like boys

angus_smile_1
Angus' first smiling picture!

Today was a fabulous day like I expected. We spent the day up north with Brooke & Jack, Julie & Mac, and Sandee. Gemma had an even better day spending most of it with Sandee baking. Brooke, Julie, myself and the boys headed to Jessica Knits for a couple hours of knitting. I was very happy to get my husbands socks started and I have to say they are turning out quite good! I am using Reggia yarn in a variegated black/grey color.

boys_1
The Jack, Mac, and Angus on the Streech's floor.

angus_floor_1
Little person, big ideas!
We headed back to Brooke's parents house to have lunch and see what Sandee and Gemma whipped up. What a wonderful surprise we had to see that Gemma and Sandee not only baked cookies, but cookies (with the chip of her choice), bars, and biscotti. They were fabulous!!!

gemma_sandee_1

Gemma and Sandee with their baking delights!

We sat down to lunch and Gemma to my embarrassment was quite entertaining. She said to me, "Mommy girls don't like boys." and I told her "I like your Daddy and he's a boy." She went on to say "Boys have cha chas". Now cha cha is the name that we came up with to call a girl's private parts. Everyone at the table was a little confused, so I had to explain to Gemma that wasn't true, so Brooke asked Gemma "What do boys really have?" of course Gemma answers "Boys have willies." Everyone got a good laugh out of that. I would have to say that kids are a lot of work, but the hours of entertainment they provide are priceless.

I dropped the kids off with Jonny, so he could take Gemma to swimming lessons and I headed to Wildflower and Changing Hands for a night of knitting.

melanie_pam_1
Melaine and Pam in action.

knitting_1
Knitting at Changing Hands

What a wonderful day :) Tomorrow we are off to playgroup and I am having another mommy night at my neighbor's house for card club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home