Berly's Blog

Friday, February 18, 2005

It's all about the girl

Gemma has been fabulous since her baby brother arrived on the scene almost 10 weeks ago. She has been helpful and very patient for a 3 year old, so it is nice to have a day that is all about her once and a while. Angus and I took Gemma to her Mommy and Me preschool, Desert Palm Children's Center and Gemma had a nice time playing with all of her friends.

gemma_school_2_1

Gemma painting on the table.

gemma_school_3_1

Gemma with her friends in the kitchen.


After school we stopped at the the Book Connection, the best little independent book store (please don't tell
Changing Hands on me!), located on Guadalupe and McClintock. The have the best selection of Melissa and Doug products you can find and Gemma had to pick a gift a birthday party she was invited to this evening. Note to all of you new moms out their: Melissa and Doug make a great line of puzzles, toys, etc. that are mostly educational.

It was a great afternoon as both kids went down for nice long naps at the same time. I was able to do a knitting needles inventory in which I found out I was missing quite a few pairs of needles. I think I found two pairs that I lent to a couple different friends, but not sure what happened to the rest. I also started another project using a free Lion Brand pattern for a diagonal baby blanket and leftover yarn from my capelet project. Since I have 4 new nieces or nephews coming down the pipe, I thought I would give this to the first nephew born and I hit the jackpot today because I found out my brother Mark and his wife Missy are having a boy!!! I also worked the twins hat, but I think the stripping is still off! I just can't figure it out.

This evening the whole family attended Gemma's friend's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

daddy_angus_1

Daddy and Angus at the party.

party_2

Cake!!!

We had a nice evening and we are looking forward to Jonny's 3 day weekend. I am hoping it doesn't rain tomorrow because a few of my knitting buddies are meeting me at
Jonny's rugby match for knitting and rugby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home