Berly's Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The guilty parent

I have been looking forward to today for a few days now. I have been planning all week to go to knitting at Mama Java's, but I felt horribly guilty because Jonny would have to take Gemma to swimming lessons with Angus in tow. I have done this on a couple of occasions and it is a lot of work, but I felt guilty having my overworked husband do this on his own. I just convinced my self this was something I needed to do. I asked Jonny if he could handle it and he replied he could handle it, but he didn't know if he wanted to do it. I thought why should I enable my husband like I enable my family? I still felt a little guilty, but knitting won.

Today was a really nice day. Gemma, Angus and I went to the MOMS Club social and then we had Annette, Annette's mother-in-law Linda from Nebraska, and Gage over for lunch. I made them panini sandwiches and salad for lunch and I have to say the sandwiches were fantastic. I love panini sandwiches!

Gemma and Angus both went down for their naps and I was lucky enough to work on my capelet and start my two baby hats for my friend's twins while watching "The Green Mile".

Jonny came home and picked up the kids and took them to swimming. I then went on to knitting. We had such a nice turnout at knitting. Jen, Brooke with Jack, Pam and I all arrived early. IT was nice to get some chatting in before the crowd came. Becky was there with my new awesome knitting bag! I realized as I actually got some knitting done that the stripes are off in my baby hat, drat! I have to rip a couple inches out, bummer! Nick also came to knitting tonight and it was great to chat with him. Having a guy in the group adds a little spice. Kiki came with Steve, Lucy and Grace and brought Gemma and Angus beautiful hats, thank you loads! Michelle, Pam, Melaine, Jen and I decided we would go to Jonny's rugby game on Saturday and knit. I hope it doesn't rain! It should be a good time!

1 Comments:

  • When I make Joe do baby work and I start feeling a little guilty, I just remind myself that the baby job is 24 hours a day and you never really get a break. Even when you're away from the baby, you're still worrying about him. So don't feel bad about making Jonny take him last night - you needed a break.

    I can't wait for the knitting cruise now! It will be fun to get away and maybe I'll finish up all these projects I've been working on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home