Berly's Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Do-it-yourself Housecleaning

When we moved to our new house last summer I told Jonny that I needed a cleaning lady. He laughed, but didn't argue. He thought that I should be doing it myself since I was a stay-at-home mom and had nothing better to do. I told him what would he rather have me do nurture our daughter or clean all day. I won that argument and we have had a cleaning service ever since. That is until today. I was going through our finances and I realized that it is a luxury we cannot afford after the arrival of young Angus and the mini-van to carry my young ones. I am very sad because I really loved Martha and Leticia. I am really hoping that we can have them back soon, but right now we have to watch our pennies. I have to save for knitting cruises you know! So Jonny and I have decided that we will clean the house together on a Saturday morning or afternoon. We will see how it goes...

Today was a pretty relaxing day. My MOMS Club friend Elaine and I walked to the park with the kids and it was nice. I keep meeting the same grandmas and mothers at the the park on Tuesdays and they all seem so nice. I may just make it a point to go to the park on Tuesdays from now on.

In the afternoon I emailed Jonelle from South West Trading Company and said I would like to do some test knitting for her. She said to go to their website and see the project she would like me to knit for her.


mariposa

I know, nice cleavage shot, but I didn't take the picture! This is the shawl that I am test knitting.

I drove up to pick up the yarn and pattern and oh boy it looks a bit difficult. The patter starts out by casting on 308 stitches. Has anyone ever cast on that many stitches? I think the most I have ever cast on is 120 or so. This is going to be interesting. Also, if you have used SWTC Bamboo yarn, please let me know what needles you used to get the gauge. Believe it our not I have actually made 2 swatches with size 6 and 7 needles and I still can't get the 5 stitches per inch the pattern calls for. Ugh!!!

I also finished my first hat for the twins. I am going to sew the end in and take a picture and post later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home