Berly's Blog

Monday, April 04, 2005

We be illin'

angus_gemma_closeup_1

Angus and Gemma, don't they look like their mommy and daddy?

After over a weeks hiatus from blogging I thought I better get back to it. I was actually just mad at flickr (actually myself for not reading the small print) for not allowing me to post pictures the rest of March, which I thought made my blog bland.

angus_gemma_1

Angus and Gemma recovering

The past week Angus, myself, and Jonny were ill with a stomach bug and now we all have a cold or sinus thing going on. Gemma also ended up in the emergency room with a head injury and concussion. She fell from her wagon onto the back of her head. It was very scary, but she is doing great now. She managed to escape the stomach bug, but most likely has some type of allergy thing going. I would do about anything for us all to be healthy again! I guess it could be worse, we could be sick next week.


angus_lounging_1

Master Angus lounging in his chair.

Jonny is leaving on Friday for a business trip for just over 3 weeks. He will be visiting Chengdu and Shanghai, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia and the Philippines. I am so happy for his opportunity to visit all of these places because Jonny absolutely loves to travel and loves other cultures. I am however feeling very sorry for myself. I keep thinking how hard it is going to be taking care of two kids, one that doesn't really sleep through the night, by myself for 3 weeks. Luckily, my sister will be out for about 5 days to help and Brooke and Jack have offered to take a trip out of town with us to make the time go faster.


Well, now for some back blogging. I thought I would post a few pictures for our family who don't get to see us very often.

jonny_breakfast_1

Jonny with his "Ulster Fry" Easter morning.

Easter morning Jonny made us a delicious Ulster Fry for breakfast including bacon, sausages, eggs, tomato, mushrooms and toast with HP sauce to dip our fried food in.

easter_neighbors_1

Gemma, Mommy, and Angus at the neighbors' house for Easter.

We spent Easter at our neighbors house with about 6 other families. It was a ton of fun!

cookies_1

Making Easter cookies at Sandee's house.

A few days before Easter we spent the day at Sandee's house a.k.a. Brooke's mom where we decorated Easter cookies and eggs and played with playdough. I think Brooke, Kirsten and I had more fun with the funky colored playdough than the kids!

playdough_1

Playing playdough!

angus_jack_1

Angus and his good buddy Jack

angus_thumb_1

Angus, all in from playing with Jack

Week-end before last we had the great pleasure of having Jonny's cousin Greg visit us from Melbourne, Australia. We had such a great time and I definitely wanted to share pictures so you could all see the Dallas resemblance.

breakfast_1

Breakfast on the back patio

gemma_game_1

Gemma enjoying her day at the ball game.

gemma_jonny_greg_game_1

Gemma, Jonny, and Greg at the Padres vs. Cubs game.

angus_game_1

Angus sleeping the game away.

gemma_jonny_greg_kim_game_1

Gemma, Jonny, Greg and I at the Padres game.

angus_gemma_greg_1

Greg with the kids before departing for down under!


1 Comments:

  • Jeez, I'm glad Gemma's ok! How scary for you and her!

    Jonny's family resembles mine - lots of shiny heads floating around. Family reunions can be almost blinding.

    By Blogger Pam, at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home