Berly's Blog

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Blowin' in the wind...

We had our first night with Jonny not home and I have to say it was not very good. I stayed up until 12:30 a.m. and watched the movie "The Manchurian Candidate", which was definitely not worth staying up that late for. Angus got up at 1 a.m. to eat and then Gemma came in and hopped in bed with me. She tossed and turned for about an hour so I decided to send her back to her room. I woke up around 7:30 a.m. with Angus on one side of me and Gemma's head next to mine. So much for getting the bed to myself!

This morning we were to go to my MOMS Club picnic, but I thought that we should stay home as Gemma still has a horrible snotty nose. We had a pretty nice relaxed morning at home before we headed to Mesa for rugby.

Auntie Pam went with us to to rugby and we met Machaela, Pam, Melanie with Myriah in tow, Krystal, Brooke and Jack.

jack_angus_1

Jack and Angus hanging out in their strollers.

melanie_gemma_1

Melanie walking Myraih and Gemma!

kim_pam_machaela_1

Me, Pam and Machaela, the girls of Camelback!

pam_gemma_melanie_1

Pam, Gemma, and Melanie doing a little stitchin' in the wind.

Unfortunately Camelback didn't play very well and I couldn't even get any of the guys to tell me the final score. One player said that Red Mountain scored at least 100 points on them! Very sad! It was also a very windy day as you will notice from my photos. I think today might be the last cool day of the spring.

After rugby Pam, myself and the kids decided to get a bite to eat. I looked through my handy dandy Entertainment book and asked Pam what she was in the mood for. We ended up trying this restaurant that opened a couple years ago called "Soul in the Hole", which is food with a Southern flare. I can't wait to take Jonny there when he returns home as they have catfish. Pam and I ordered the fried Chicken, which was the best I have ever had + macaroni and cheese and cole slaw. I definitely can see myself eating there again.

gemma_posing_1

Gemma refusing to open her eyes for the camera.

pam_gemma_1

Auntie Pam and Gemma at Soul in the Hole.

After the kids went to bed I watch the movie "Finding Neverland". It was a nice movie, but how could anyone ever go wrong with Johnny Depp. I got my thrid phone call of the day from Jonny, which was a pleasant suprise. He is so amazed that he was the only white guy he saw for 4 hours walking the streets of Chengdu. He said groups of children would stop, stare and giggle at his bald head. He seems to be enjoying his experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home