Berly's Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The girl who misses her daddy

gemma_carousel_1_1

Gemma on the carousel at the train park.

Gemma and Angus both had rough nights last night. Gemma really had a rough one. She was up at least 5 times during the night and finally on our 5th trip back to her room she started crying and said "I miss my daddy." She misses her daddy, can you imagine how I felt after 5 trips back to her room? I felt horrible for her, but I had to explain that I missed him too and that he would be back in a couple weeks. I wonder if she realizes that is kind of a ways away? Hopefully not.

I have been having a tough time getting motivated lately. I had to call Melissa from my MOMS Club to ask her if she was going to the McCormick-Stillman Train Park in Scottsdale today. She was on the fence too, but we decided to go together. Melissa's daughter Skylar is 1 day younger than Gemma. They have a pretty good time together and Melissa is a hoot, so we all had a good time.

gemma_carousel_2

Gemma on her horse!

In other news and worthy gossip. My friend Brian called and he is buying a house with his girlfriend! I think he is getting closer to popping the question! I am so proud of him making this kind of a commitment! I think Nancy will be beating him to the alter, so we are glad for that. (Nancy said she would slit her wrists if Brian got married before she did!) I also spoke to my sister who told us that we are to be expecting a new niece in September! Yeah! Other gossip, Auntie Pam has resigned from her job and has taken a new position at another company in Scottsdale! Congratulations to her on her decision making skills and new job!

We also spoke to Jonny, who is doing much better after having a bit of a sinus infection and a case of Montezuma's revenge (not sure what they call it in China.) Sorry honey for broadcasting it! Jonny is checking out living as an ex-pat in China Thursday night. He is going to check out the apartment of another expat and figuring out how the driver and maid service works. It is sounding better and better each day! Can you imagine having a maid 3 times a week and a driver?

I am really enjoying making my list. I thought I would throw in a shocker or two, so I hope I don't offend anyone.

11. All of my siblings and Jonny's sister are expecting new babies this year. My sister Becky has a boy named Isaac, who is 2 months older than Gemma. Jonny's sister has two girls, Rebekah, 11 and Erin, 9. Gemma will have a total of 4 new cousins by the end of the year!
12. I graduated from the University of Nebraska-Kearney.
13. I loved college!
14. I was a Chi Omega.
15. I gained 30 lbs my freshman year of college due to too much cheap beer and Domino's pizza.
16. I love the elderly.
17. I once played a stripper in a college play. I wore a bikini, but during one of the performances my bikini top fell off.
18. A lot of my friend's from college have moved to Phoenix and I get together with them regularly.
19. I once won $50 in a wet t-shirt contest. (Sorry Dad!)
20. During college I waited tables and worked at a laundry mat for spending money.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home