Berly's Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Rocky Point Week-end

On Friday afternoon we packed up the van and headed on our first road trip to Rocky Point, Mexico. We went with our friends Shannon, Hallie and their two boys Carson (3 on Thursday) and Harrison (10 months). Hallie's parents have a condo on Sandy Beach and here is a view from the patio.

view_from_condo_1_1

Friday night we arrived in Rocky Point just in time for the kids to hit the swimming pool and check out the beach. Hallie and I went for a drive to pick up dinner at a little chicken restaurant in town. We had a fabulous dinner of the most amazing chicken I have ever had, hot salsa, fresh homemade tortillas, shredded cabbage, and limes. We were able to get the kiddos to bed and then have a nice evening on the patio drinking adult beverages and talking about a wide range of topics like college, politics, etc.

angus_harrison_1

In the morning we woke up and Jonny made us his famous Ulster Fry breakfast. If you have not had this Irish delight please ask Jonny to make it for you sometime. It is a must have! We got everyone ready and headed down to the beach. The water was suprisingly warm and the sand was very course. You could actually see that the sand was made up of broken up seashells.

gemma_pool_1

After our beach excursion we headed back up to the pool. Here is Gemma posing in front of one of the pools at the resort.

pool_1

Me, Angus, Gemma, Hallie, and Harrison basking in the sun. I am having a very yummy and much needed tropical drink.

After we baked in the sun for a few hours Hallie and I headed to the spa for massages and a pedicure. I generally do not get massages because I am not able to relax, but I think the combination of the sea air and warm ocean water helped me wind down. After our trip to the spa we headed down to the fish market for some fresh seafood. We bought some small and large shrimp, oysters, and huge scallops for dinner.

gemma_carson_fishmarket_1

Carson and Gemma by the fish market.

family_fishmarket_1

Our family by the fish market.

On Sunday we got up and Shannon made breakfast. We headed down to the beach again and the water was even warmer. It was just a beautiful day. I have to say I really relaxed and enjoyed myself at the beach.

angus_beach_1_1

Angus paddling in the water.

gemma_angus_kim_1

Gemma, Angus, and me sitting on the beach.

gemma

Gemma striking a pose!

angus_jonny_beach_1_1

Daddy and Angus taking a stroll on the beach.

kim_angus_1

Angus and Mommy

jonny_angus_shannon_harrison_1

Jonny, Angus, Shannon and Harrison

shannon_jonny_1

Shannon and Jonny taking a banana boat ride.

hallie_harrison_1

Hallie and Harrison

gemma_sleeping_1

Gemma sacked out on the way home from Rocky Point. Do you think she wore herself out?

On the knitting front I started to knit a baby blanket for my sister-in-law. It is turning out beautifully! I got the idea from my friend Donna R. who is making her grandmother a shawl in the same pattern. I also had a chance to work on my test knit for Southwest Trading Company. I will take pictures of my projects soon!

Up next a trip to Carlsbad, CA to my cousin's high school graduation and to see the family. I should have some more great pics of the kids!

1 Comments:

  • Jonny please make me breakfast!

    (Just following directions...you told me to ask)

    Looks like you had a great time! Loved the pics.

    By Blogger JanetsJourney.com, at 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home