Berly's Blog

Friday, June 03, 2005

Fender Bender

Today was my free day. We had no playdates and I was dropping off the kids with Ann's house for a couple hours. I was planning on running errands, but Jen and Brooke so graciously rescheduled their lunch plans and met me at 98 South in downtown Chandler. We had a lovely lunch and they had a great area for us to knit.

I had to leave a little early to pick up the kids and then I was off to pick up Pam J. to take her to the airport. She was headed to Minneapolis to see her parents and attend her nephew's graduation. On our way home from the airport we were driving down the 202 minding our own business when the traffic started to back up and I was braking and BAM!!! We were rear ended by a older man in a Cadillac. Thank goodness the kids weren't hurt. (The van has a dent in the trunk and the bumper is all scratched up, so we will have to take it in next week to see about the damage.) We moved over into area between an on ramp and the freeway and he inspected the cars. I didn't feel comfortable getting out of the car, so he wrote down his insurance information and said he wanted to go. I said that would be ok, but I wanted to look at his insurance card. I noticed that his card expired on May 21st. Luckily DPS showed up and sighted him for driving too closely and no current insurance card.

We have nothing planned for the week-end except going to the gym. It should be a relaxing week-end as we are going to be very busy for the next few months!

2 Comments:

  • Glad to hear your all alright. We have been rear ended twice. It really sucks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 AM  

  • I just caught up on your blog to see what you did this weekend. What a nightmare! I am so glad no one was hurt. I seriously have a little freeway phobia (at least when Joe is driving because he tailgates). Hopefully, your van isn't bad, but damn it's so new still.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home