Berly's Blog

Monday, May 23, 2005

A Week-End in Review

gemma_school_1_1

Gemma painting at school.

Friday started with Gemma's last day of Mommy and Me preschool. Although I thought her experience was important, I was so happy to see it end. I had been bringing Angus with us for half the year and it is very challenging to wear a 20lb baby for 2 hours. She had a fun day as they had water on the playground for the kids to play in and popsicles for snacks. Gemma will have 3 weeks off before she returns to the summer program which lasts 4 weeks in June every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-12:30pm.

gemma_school_2


Gemma playing in the sprinkler at school.

Friday night I hosted Book Club at my house. We had a great turn out! There were about 12 of us and a couple new faces. I had chosen the book "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. I liked the book, but was hoping for a different ending. We discussed the book a little, but everyone was more interested in drinking wine and my friend's love life.

For the past 3 book clubs we have been listening to my friend's love life woes and we have all been her therapist. She had been dating a younger man (by 11 years) for about a year and had started to seeing another man at the same time. She was told at the last meeting to make a decision by the next book club and sure enough they have split up. I was very happy for her and her decision and look forward to new adventures in her love life!


Saturday morning I hosted coffee klatch at my house. We had a nice time visiting and everyone brought their kids. Later that afternoon we brought the kids to the gym because I was in much need of a work-out and Jonny wanted to take Gemma swimming. After the gym we took Gemma to the birthday party of one of her playgroup friends at the Little Gym. I was pretty impressed with the place that had all gymnastic equipment.

Sunday Pam J. and Kelly S. and I had breakfast with an old friend Jen W. Jen and her husband Pat are getting ready to move back to Illinois. We are very sad to see her go and I don't think she is looking forward to it either. Some people just love the AZ and Jen is one of those people. Unfortunately her hubby hasn't enjoyed AZ as much and so they have made the decision to move closer to their families. We wish them both the best of luck and we will miss them!

Sunday afternoon we had Marion, husband Daniel, and 3 boys over for swimming and a BBQ. We had a nice evening and Jonny made his rotisserie chicken again and it was fantastic!

4 Comments:

  • Hey Kim-
    Whats Coffee Klatch?? Sounds like you had a very busy, social weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

  • Coffee Klatch was started, I think by Kelly S. It is just Ann N. (my neighbor and friend), Emma L., and me. We are all Intel wives. We have just got together the last two months and we have just talked Emma wanting to quit her job, Kelly's pregnancy, Emma's baby Rachel, and Angus. Ann's kids and Gemma play together and it is just a nice relaxing morning.

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, at 9:27 PM  

  • A "coffee klatch" is a real word. :-)

    Websters says: A casual social gathering for coffee and conversation.

    From the German words kaffee (coffee) + klatch (gossip)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • Thank you for the definition Kelly. I didn't know it was a real word, but I have heard it before now. Damn, we need to gossip some more!!!

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home