Berly's Blog

Thursday, June 09, 2005

More after school drama...

After Tuesday's library incident I made one decision, Gemma still needs a nap. I thought Gemma had out grown her nap. 5 days in a row prior to trying no naps it was taking her at least 2 hours to fall asleep. So yesterday I thought I was so smart and I would take Gemma and Angus to the gym after Gemma got out of school and then have her take her nap around 2:30 pm (2 hours after she normally takes a nap.).

I dropped the kids off at the child care and went upstairs to start my work-out. After about 10 minutes of abs I was paged by the child care. I thought it was just Angus with a monstrous diaper for me to change, but unfortunately not. Gemma went to see Angus in the infant area and decided to take bite Angus on his hand. I didn't know quite how to react. I know that she shouldn't bite Angus, but I am sure that she was just copying her Mommy and Daddy as we are always sticking Angus' hands and feet in our mouth pretending to eat him up. I asked Gemma what had happened and she told me that she bit Angus. I went to the locker room to call Jonny to consult on what I should do, but he wasn't answering. I thought about it for a minute and decide to remove Gemma from the situation. I went back in the child care and she was not happy that we were leaving. I told her that she needed to calm herself down. Luckily she was able to calm herself much quicker than our Tuesday drama.

dallas_barkat_1_1

We went home and she went right down for her nap. After her nap we had plans to have the Barkats over for dinner. Jill, Peyton, and Landon came over for a swim while we waited for the husbands to return from work. We had such a great time! We had rotisserie chicken and rump roast, grilled veggies, garlic new potatoes, Jill's scrummy spinach salad and the most delicious caramel brownies.

Today went much better. I took Gemma to school, went to the gym, picked Gemma up and took her immediately home for her nap. She really needed it and slept almost 3 hours. After she woke up Auntie Pam came over for a swim. All and all a much better day for Gemma!

Tomorrow we are leaving for Rocky Point with our friends Shannon, Hallie, Carson and Harrison. We are really looking forward to it as we haven't ever been to there!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home