Berly's Blog

Friday, April 29, 2005

A refreshing week

smiling_angus_gemma_1

Gemma and Angus lounging on the couch.

I have to say that week ended on a positive note. My sister Jenny was visiting from Nebraska. She is 4 months pregnant and expecting a little girl in September. Her visit started out rocky due to the fact that she is smoking while pregnant. I have never been shy about telling anyone in my family how I feel about things they do wrong. This was not exception. I tried to educate my sister and my parents about what she could possibly be doing to her baby as I really don't think they know how serious this is, but I think my education was extremely misunderstood. I was accused of 'hurting my sister's feelings'. I know that I usually say what is on my mind no matter whose feelings I hurt, but that was not my intention in this case. I simply want her to realize what she is doing to her baby and to quit smoking. Unfortunately I think I may have made it worse. I felt that she would respect me educating her because I myself smoked for 10 years. Yep, ex-smokers are the worst! Especially those who quit cold turkey! Well, I still hope that she quits smoking by the time the baby comes. I think there is still hope!

After our initial controversy, Jenny really rolled up her sleeves and helped me get things done around the house. She even mopped my floors! I was able to have assistance with the kids during grocery shopping, I went to the gym by myself, I went to the post office by myself, I went to knit at Lux Coffeebar, I visited my friend Liz and her new baby, etc. Things I used to take for granted.

smiling_angus_1

Aunt Jenny and Angus

Tomorrow Jonny returns home! We are so excited to see him! I hope the night and day goes fast! He is so excited to see the kids!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home