Berly's Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Name my China blog contest!

I just wanted to let my faithful readers know that we are moving to Chengdu, China around the 12th of September. We are going there on an expat assignment for the company my husband works for and will be there for a minimum of a year, but as long as 3 years. We are looking forward to our China adventure and I thought I would start a new blog about our life there. I was trying to think of a name for my new blog and I thought I would have a contest to see who could come up with the most suitable name for my new blog. I haven't decided what the prize will be for the person who wins that contest, but I will assure you it will be something. If you would like to submit your entry please just post the name on the comments section of the blog. I LOVE GETTING COMMENTS!!!! Good Luck and more to come later!

9 Comments:

  • I think you should call it "China, Dallas Style", or "Dallas does China"

    By Blogger Mac and Caden, at 8:05 PM  

  • Chugging In China (with Children)

    - Nina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 PM  

  • How about "China does Dallas" (of course after the ol movie we all know)?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 PM  

  • What exciting news! I'll have to think about the new blog name for awhile! Congrats- hugs, Adelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • 1) "Enough Chinese food, already"
    2) "I hate rice"
    3) "Does that come with an eggroll?"
    4) "The lighter side of Communism"
    5) "I've seen the Wall, it's not so Great"
    6) "Slow Boat to China"
    7) "Picking out China patterns"
    8) "Cheeky in China"
    9) "Churlish in Chengdu"
    10) "I am a Capitalist Spy"

    Those are just off the top of my head. So it's really happening! Congratulations...

    By Blogger PJS, at 8:20 AM  

  • WOW! PJS you may be the winner! I just don't know which on to choose! I think my favorite is "I am a Capitalist Spy!"

    By Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts, at 8:22 AM  

  • Here's a quick one Kim,
    Chats from China from Kim and Kids
    Cheng du Chats
    Exhilarting Expat Experiences via the Dallas Orient Express.
    Chinese Checkers--Chandler to Cheng Du

    Good luck
    Jo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 AM  

  • WOW, that's a huge move! It sounds like a good opportunity, I bet not many people get a chance to do that. Are you going to learn to speak Chinese? Does Intel have many people there? The new blog will be great. How about "Tao de Berly".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

  • Ok, I thought of one.

    "Chengdu: Democratic Party HQ"

    or how about

    "Howard Dean slept here"

    Those are my political ideas.

    I also thought "The other side of the hole you dug in grade school", but that's too long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home