Berly's Blog

Monday, June 20, 2005

Graduation in Carlsbad

road_trip_1

Gemma and Angus ready for their road trip!

On Thursday evening we headed to Carlsbad, CA for my cousin Steven's high school graduation. We were looking forward to seeing my Uncle, Aunt, cousins and Grandpa!

angus_jonny_graduation_1

Angus and Jonny at graduation.

graduation_1

Over 600 kids graduation from La Costa High School in Carlsbad.

rich_ellen_steven_evan_1

Uncle Rich, Aunt Ellen, Steven and Evan. 3 more years Evan!

steven_kim_1

Steven and Me

steven_grandpa_1

Steven and Grandpa

gemma_claire_1

Gemma and Ellen's mom Clare

grandpa_gemma_angus_1

Grandpa George with his great grandkids Gemma and Angus.

gemma_drums_1

Gemma playing Evan's drums. She is a future Meg White!

We had a great visit with the family. We spent the Saturday hanging out an my Aunt and Uncle's house. We also ate at my very favorite restaurant El Special Norte in Leucadia. They have the best Chicken Soup and tostadas!!!

I was also lucky enough to visit the LYS in Encinitas called The Black Sheep. I bought a couple of balls of Crystal Palace Dragonfly to make a purse for Gemma. They had a great selection of yarn! Tons and tons of Noro for all you fans and the Manos selection was to die for! I highly recommend a trip to this shop if you are trying to beat the heat this summer.

On a knitting note I was able to get tons of knitting done this weekend while we were driving. Below is the test knit sweater I am doing for SWTC. It is for a 6 year old girl and is in bamboo.
test_knit_2

test_knit_1_1

The pattern is purl 5, knit 1. I like working with the bamboo, but it is a bit hard for my liking.

karen_blanket_1

Here is the baby blanket for my sister-in-law who is due in July.

road_trip_gemma_1

Gemma watching a movie on her way back from Carlsbad.

1 Comments:

  • What a fun trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home