Berly's Blog

Monday, July 25, 2005

A little nervous...

Today I had to take Angus to some follow-up tests for the urinary tract infection he had last month. I was a little nervous and the Radiologist didn't make me feel any better about the test. The poor little man had to be catherized, strapped to a wooded board, pumped full of dye, and have a huge machine above him taking pictures of his inners while I tried to comfort him. After the tests I asked the Radiologist if he found anything 'matter of factly' said "he has reflux on both sides" and walked out of the room. This man's bedside manner was atrocious! I went home and did a little research on kidney reflux. We spoke to our Pediatrician this afternoon and he will tell us tomorrow morning what our next steps are going to be. We are hoping that he will only needed to be treated with antibiotics and that he will grow out of it. Please keep us in your thoughts, it has been a very stressful afternoon and evening to say the least.

5 Comments:

  • Nice radiologist. Obviously doesn't have children of his own, or any compassion. I am so sorry, Kim. It had to be really hard to watch your baby go through all that. My thoughts are with you and your family and I hope nothing serious is wrong with him.

    By Blogger Heather, at 8:50 AM  

  • Oh gosh, I hope that Angus does outgrow this malady!

    Hugs to you and your family.

    I also hope the radiologist gets a personality or bedside manner in his future.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 8:59 AM  

  • I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts. Hopefully there will be no long term effects from his infection. I went through a similar test when I was 3, so I understand where you're coming from. Healthcare practioners can be so frustrating to deal with some times. They are so used to dealing with 'whatever' it is they have to deal with everyday that they forget how to communicate with those of us who don't live in that world. Take good care.

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:10 AM  

  • What an insensitive, asshole radiologist! Knowing you, you have already made the proper complaints. I am so sick of rude people.

    It is scary hearing anything like that about your own child. I know it is easier said than done, but try not to fret too much. He will grow out of it.

    - Nina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

  • Oh Kim, what an ordeal. It is so humbling when there is the slightest "anything" wrong with your child. Makes you want to appreciate those days when everyone is perfect even more. I know that I don't value them enough until something goes wrong. My thoughts are with you guys. I'm sure that he will outgrow this and be well. Love to you!

    By Blogger Meegan Blue, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home