Berly's Blog

Friday, August 12, 2005

Posting without Pictures

I really don't like to post without pictures, but unfortunately until I find an internet cafe with high speed internet over here that is how is going to have to be. I have some great photos of the wedding we attended in Scotland, fabulous pictures of Edinburgh Castle and very scenic pictures of N. Ireland to share with you all.

We are having a great time on our vacation. We had only one minor mishap. On the way to the airport in Scotland, Jonny managed to miss the exit to the airport and we missed our flight due to a traffic jam, an accident, stalled car, and a road construction. Fortunately enough our dear friends Jen and Nick Ball put us up another night in their gorgeous Victorian home. (Have pictures of them and the home! It is over 140 years old!)

Since returning to N. Ireland we have been visiting with our family and hanging around the house visiting, drinking gallons of tea, eating tons of biscuits, and relaxing. Jonny has been been appointed my Dad's tour guide and has been showing him the great sites of Northern Ireland. We have also been minus one little girl while we have been here. Gemma has spent the last two night at her cousin's house. She is having the time of her life and I really don't know how she will manage when we have to come back home. She just loves them to pieces!!!

I am very happy to say that I have been knitting up a storm! I started my clapotois and it is coming along quite nicely. I didn't even need to email anyone for help! I also have been working on my new nephew Ethan James Porter's blanket (stay tuned for pictures!). While I was in Scotland I also managed to get a new project. Our friend Jen tried to take up knitting after I sent her a gorgeous little sweater for her son Charlie. She got her project cast on, but then decided she didn't like knitting. She gave me the yarn and I am going to knit it for her.

Tomorrow we are doing some more touring around N. Ireland. I hope to have some pictures by next Monday.

P.S. I have been tagged by Diary of a Sane Man to make a list of the songs that I am diggin'. I am working on it, does Peek-a-Boo I Love You count?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home